- We went to this place in Glenview called Make a Messterpiece. I had wanted to check it out for quite a while, but it was a bit of a drive. We took the 4o minute ride and got to paint, do art with bubble paint, play on the slide, and finger paint. The place was nice, but will be more fun when they are a little older and want to spend more time there. We got some lunch out there too.
- We helped the Connelly's pack up the Pod for their move. I didn't do so much moving, but I worked hard at containing the children. We enjoyed some Lou Malnati's pizza too!
- We went to Monkey Bizness in Wheaton. It has a bounce house, slides, dress up clothes, painting, art room, little cars, blocks, computer game, and more. It also has coffee available for the parents. It's a really nice place to take the kids. It not super fancy, but it's clean, and the kids are contained and entertained. I like it.
- The girl's got their toes done and the Uncle's got to watch a scary movie.
- We went on our weekly Downtown Wheaton adventure and had breakfast there. We also went to the Stork's Cradle shop with the Connelly's where they had a little back to school morning. The kids got cookies, face painting, and balloons.
It was a great family "trip." Now, we start thinking out our next "real" vacation... maybe Colorado next summer?!
Daddy sharing the fun.
Finger painting is Reese's favorite.
Hand painting for Chase.
More paint! Reese's "art" was soaked with paint.
The art room.
Blake with a little smile. He had fun too.