Monday, August 29, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Our Super Girl
- Blake has had a fever on and off for the last 3 days. He has been really crabby and congested with a cold. You never know when to bring them in, but when he started walking very wobbly and falling, we took a guess that he had an ear infection. Sure enough, double ear infection for our poor boy! He now has his meds and will be better in no time. He was so sad.
- Reese and Chase went to MEET THE TEACHER today! Chase had a fun time meeting his teacher, Ms. Lisa. She seems super nice and he liked checking out the classroom. I think he is really excited and I hope he brings only his good behavior. I am excited to see what he learns. It's funny... I haven't thought much about him going. Mainly, I have been excited, but today, walking down the hall, I got that sad mom feeling for a second. My little boy will be going to school for 4 days starting on Thursday! He's just a young little thing, but I know he will do great and have so much fun.
- Reese has a new teacher this year too... Miss Liz. She seems to be really nice and I see Reese really enjoying her time at school. She was acting silly (hiding behind me) when we first went in. It's hard to see her act this way because anyone that knows her, knows that she isn't shy. I am really hoping she learns at the speed she learned last year. I think she has a chance to be reading and writing some at the end of this year- she seems to really want to!
- Thursday is the big First day of school!
Monday, August 22, 2011
Blake and Avery in the car.
A special Thank you goes out to Sabrina for watching our three lovelies this summer. There are many others that have helped us out, but Sabrina takes them one day or more EVERY week in the summers when she is off and I don't watch her kids. We appreciate everyone who helps us- our parents, sisters, friends... every one that is so loving and kind to our kids, but this shout out is for Sabrina. Thank you so much.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
Blake is a walking champ now and loves to be able to "run" with the other kids.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
We got there shortly after it opened and of course there was a million day care buses, but it didn't slow us down...
- We panned for gold (Mommy and Chase vs. Reese and Daddy- Reese and Daddy found a bit more.).
- I went on the roller coaster with Reese and Chase. Chase needed an adult to go on with him. We went on twice because Reese loved it, but i was honestly scared for my life. I swear it was going to jump the tracks.
- All three kids went on a pony!
- Reese and Chase fed the goats.
- We watched a cowboy show, and the guns were so loud but the kids keep talking about it now that we are home.
- We ate a picnic lunch.
- Ryan and the kids went on the Merry go Round and I think it was making Ryan sick.
- The kids when on little hand powered train cars.
- The list goes on and on... It was so much fun!
We finally left and stopped to get an ice cream cone. Chase couldn't keep his eyes open but he somehow finished. The next adventure was school supply shopping. We went over to Meijer and the kids had a great time picking out the items they needed for school. Now we just have to find a first day of school outfit!
The day ended with lots of dress up, dinner at home, a movie and an early-ish bedtime.
Happy Family Day, Family!
Chase and the goats. (We did ok because we fed them from outside the petting zoo!)